Christmas Card 2019
Welcome, and Merry Christmas from Bergen! This is the UiB VisGroup interactive Christmas card of 2019. This year, we were inspired by the days of our youths (some of us, that is) spent in front of CRT computer screens playing video games. The days when 256 colors were a luxury and a resolution of 320 x 200 pixels was plenty.
We invite you to play our little adventure game below. You will be taking on the role of a new PhD student who has been tasked with making sure that our Christmas card gets sent out in time. Hopefully, you can retrieve all the clues you need. Have fun, and happy holidays!
Here are a few hints:
- Our web pages contain helpful information for some parts of the game.
- If something seems too difficult, keep trying – you may get some help after a while.
- Depending on your actions, there are multiple potential endings. If the outcomes seem less than optimal, try again and do something different.
Disclaimer: Not everything makes total sense and all anachronisms are intentional. No PhD students were harmed during the making of this game (at least no more than usual).
Click here to open the game in a new browser window
It is recommended that you use an up-to-date web browser, legacy applications such as Internet Explorer will not work. While the game works on mobile platforms, the experience is best using a PC.
If you have problems running the web version, you may also try the desktop version for Windows, Mac, or Linux. Simply unpack the archive to any folder and run the executable.
- Download Windows version (~25 MB)
- Download Mac version (~24 MB)
- Download Linux version (~30 MB)